Subject: Re: Files Via Email.
From: Alex Howell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Mike Sikorsky)
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1993 12:55:51 -0400

>         Do you really think this comment was necessary ?  Every person that
> is on the net has done something boneheadish at sometime in their life... 

No, but I want to make sure it stops...  IE:  It's the first and last time.

> 	I agree that an archive of that size should not have been posted to the
> list but I am sure it was not done just to cause you problems.  I also
> disagree w/your statement that if you want to submit something that it should
> go on Aminet, yes it should go on aminet if it is some 400k final prog. but
> what about when progs. are reasonably sized (<15k) and are not really 
> finished products yet or of aminet quailty but may have some benefit to the 
> Amos list ? 

Quite simply, files are NOT to be sent via Email around Usenet sites.  And a
LOT of people are on Usenet sites that connect while not in schools/etc.  And
I think that *ALL* files should go to Aminet.  So what if they're small, they
could be of use to ANYONE.  Ship it to Michael, but don't put it in here, it
only reaches us, what about the thousands of others who constantly LOOK for
"just what they need" only to find it went thru here and not Aminet.

>        Slow down... there is no reason to go and start crying to admins, it
> was a simple mistake... it was not some big conspiracy against you.  

Trust me, I don't go crying to admins.  If you'll recall, an Admin complained
about that file being sent.  I just converse with the group of admins I know
and things will get done if need be.

> 	Come on Alex I am sure you have better things to do than worry
> about a simple mistake... again I just want to state that I am sorry that
> this has caused you so much trouble and I agree that it should not have
> happened but it was a mistake and I think that you were just being way
> too hard on Scott...

I think it would have been better had Michael included a note in the welcome
message stating all files are to be sent to Aminet either direct or Emailed
to HIM only.  Not on the list.

Alex...  (Thats the way it SHOULD be.)